Last week we did a quick word on Smarty Ears’ update on Articulate It and put a promo code for it at stake in our review article.
Thanks for all who joined the contest! Our lucky winner is…
Roma Delos Santos
Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of a copy of Articulate It!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details so we can send you your promo code.
Stick around everyone. We may have another giveaway just around the corner 🙂
Smarty Ears Apps had recently given one of their highly successful apps, Articulate It! a major makeover. Articulate It! was designed to help speech-language pathologists, teachers, even parents work on children’s articulation and phonological skills. Packing a hefty weight of 1000 images, one can use the app to target the production of English consonant sounds.
We updated our copy of Articulate It! and after starting it up, we were greeted with a brand new startup screen. Love the new dinosaur mascot. Love the new colours! We could almost imagine how this new look would pop out in Retina screens (we used our trusty iPad 2).
Here are the update’s highlights:
- the Reports screen received a new look, and our kid clients’ profiles were retained including data on past activities, dates of practice, and accuracy ratings.
- the Select Player screen likewise has a cleaner, fresher look. We tried to import players from Smarty Ears’ Therapy Report Center, and since we haven’t gotten the app yet, we were prompted to download it right away.
- after tapping on Quick Play, we were treated to four NEW choices
- Phonemes: select which phonemes we would like to work on (including /r, l, s/ clusters)
- Phonological Processes: one can opt to start the activity by being more specific and target specific phonological processes
- Manner of Articulation: choose your mix: plosives? liquids? fricatives?
- Number of Syllables: filter the words you want included in the activity by syllable. You can choose between 1 to 4 syllables
- when the activity started, we were chuffed to know that the app now has THREE levels of practice:
- images appear to have been refreshed
- interface received a facelift: the main part of the screen is flipbook in style, with other options set in a taskbar at the left of the screen. One can opt to take notes, or rotate the picture in four ways (that way, you can opt to have your taskbar oriented to where you are positioned in relation to the iPad).
- report format was redesigned: nice big letters, with buttons to allow the user to view notes made, what words were used for that specific activity, and to play back any recordings that were taken.
Just so they can let everyone know Articulate It’s new features, Smarty Ears is giving away a FREE copy. If you think you’re curious enough to win one, join the contest via Rafflecopter (see below) and follow the instructions on how you can have a chance at snapping up a promo code for Articulate It!
Price: $ 38.99
Weight: 343 MB
Updated: 11 April 2013
Compatible with: iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Target Population: children
Awesome if you want to work on:
Customer Ratings (iTunes): 4 out of 5 stars iSPeak App says: 4 out of 5 smileys
a Rafflecopter giveaway