May 2014 is about to end, and so are the beautifully discounted prices of your dream apps. Several of Smarty Ears’ apps will be discounted only until 27 May 2014. Check out our updated list below.
Note: The prices and dates indicated below were obtained from app developer announcements, blogsites and from the App Store. Prices may change without further notice. Make sure you double-check the apps’ quoted prices in the App Store before buying.
Smarty Ears (on sale between May 20 to 27, 2014 only)
Synapse Apps, LLC
McGraw-Hill School Education Group
Virtual Speech Center
When apps go on sale, we want to announce it ASAP. So, despite the time difference, we (groggily) got up to type out a quick post because this is your chance to snap up Smarty Ears’ assessment and screening apps that have gone on SALE! Time to clean up your iPad’s memory, shut down all bandwidth hoggers in your network, and read up because we’ve got great deals for you:
- ATEval2Go from $39.99 to $19.99
- This app is designed to help you document all observations and considerations essential to an assistive technology evaluation. ATEval2Go transfers the recording functions accomplished by paper, heavy computer equipment and other devices to the portable and easy-to-use iPad interface.
- Basic Concepts Skills Screener (fresh release) from $19.99 to $9.99
- Basic Concepts Skill Screener (BCSS) is a quick, motivational screening tool created to help assess the basic concept skills in children. Designed by certified speech-language pathologists, BCSS uses technology to engage clients while assessing their school readiness skills. Perfect for all levels from preschool to early elementary, BCSS assesses the concept skills needed for pre-reading and math skills. The Basic Concepts Skills Screener is sure to be a great app for the busy speech-language pathologist, teacher, parent, or caregiver.
- Bilingual Articulation Phonology Assessment from $49.99 to $29.99
- The Bilingual Articulation and Phonology Assessment (BAPA) was developed for the purpose of assess-ing the articulatory and phonological abilities of Spanish-speaking and bilingual (English-Spanish) children. Best practices for assessment of speech sound disorders for bilingual children recommends an as-sessment of all languages spoken by the child. Through assessing both languages, one can more easily rule out or explain second-language influences and can describe errors observed in both languages as well as those errors specific to each language.
- Common Core Early Language Screener from $24.99 to $15.99 (read our review!)
- The Common Core Early Language Screener (CCELS) is a screening tool used to identify weaknesses in early language skills. The CCELS was designed to be used with Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten aged children; however, the screener can be used for other groups if needed. The skills assessed on the CCELS vary depending on the grade level choice selected by the evaluator.
- Disfluency Index Counter from $8.99 to $4.99
- The easiest, cheapest and most advanced way to track your %SS (Percentage of stuttered syllables).The Disfluency Index Counter app allows Speech and Language Therapists to perform a live count of the number of fluent or disfluent syllables. This application comes with two styles of counters: A simple and an advanced counter.
- Dysphagia2Go from $39.99 to $19.99
- Dysphagia2Go guides you through the evaluation process with reminders to assess medications, cranial nerves and all the areas on which any good dysphagia evaluation should focus. This app provides a thorough evaluation report template developed by speech pathologists who have drawn upon their experience in varied settings to provide extensive opportunities to record chart reviews, assessment data, and recommendations in a single document, which can then be printed or e-mailed directly from the user’s iPad.
- Profile of Phonological Awareness from $14.99 to $9.99
- The Profile of Phonological Awareness (Pro-PA) was developed for the purpose of evaluating and describing the phonological awareness skills of children. This evaluation can be considered as part of a full speech, language, and/or literacy evaluation or can be stand alone
- Sunny Articulation Phonology Test from $49.99 to $24.99
- The Sunny Articulation and Phonology Test can be used to identify articulation errors patterns in children as well as adults. The Sunny Articulation Phonology Test (SAPT) is an individually administered clinical tool for screening, identification, diagnosis and follow-up evaluation of articulation skills in English speaking individuals.
- Therapy Report Center (FREE!)
- In the past, when you downloaded a new Smarty Ears app you would have to add each student to the app, one by one. Now with the TRC, you enter your students on TRC only once and export all of the students at the same time to each newly downloaded or existing Smarty Ears app. This makes the process of adding students one by one to many apps a simple two-step process. In the past, if you owned 10 Smarty Ears apps, and had 40 students on your caseload, you would have to repeat the process of adding students 400 times. The TRC saves time and makes the use of the iPad even more efficient.
App sales are looking better and better because this time, Conversation TherAppy is taking 20% off from its original price of $24.99! An SLP from South Africa had offered to translate Conversation TherAppy to Zulu in celebration of Mandela Day. Take advantage of this app sale because future updates will include FREE translations in Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, French and Filipino! We are giving you more reasons to snap up Conversation TherAppy in our thorough review article here. Try out Conversation TherAppy Lite if you wish, but we must remind you that the sale will only be good for one day, July 18, 2013.
It must be app sale season, because we were just informed that the prices of Virtual Speech Center‘s have been recently slashed! Check out the links below and see if these are the apps that you didn’t know you had been needing for quite some time now. These apps will be on sale only until the end of July 2013.