‘Tis the season to rev up your download speeds because we’ve dug up some tempting app price drops and apps that have gone free! From our super-favorite Playhome to Tactus Therapy Solutions’ beautiful therapy apps to handwriting apps such as Notability to the STILL-FREE Toontastic (sweet!), here we present the very apps you’d want to have in your iDevice NOW (or gift to your friends and colleagues via the Apple App Store):
Note: Many of the descriptions were borrowed from the apps’ iTunes pages.
Education and Therapy Apps
- Comprehension TherAppy: A rare 20% off the regular price, we highly recommend this app and thus you must snap this up at $19.99. Top up this app’s lexicon with verbs and adjectives at $2.99.
- Naming TherAppy: Read our review of this beautiful app. Today with 20% of its regular price slashed, this one’s going for $19.99.
- Writing TherAppy: From $19.99, this app is being offered for $15.99 for a limited time only. Read our review here.
- Playhome: a certified hit in majority of our therapists’ iDevices, this may be the best dolls house app for the iPad. Our kids seem to love this app’s interactive build: one can prepare breakfast for the characters, make them eat, brush their teeth, have them jump on the bed, even turn on the stove or pop a CD in the CD player. Sale ending SOON! From $2.99 to $1.99 for a full iPad version.
- Factor Samurai: working with your young client on factors? A fan of Fruit Ninja or Veggie Samurai? Slash factors using Factor Samurai, a great way to learn times tables. One can play as the samurai whose sacred duty is to cut all the numbers down to their prime factors. From $0.99 to FREE.
- How-To-Draw (Full Version): Listen, follow the instructions and draw on your screen. See how easy it is.
From $1.99 to FREE. Now back to original price of $1.99.
- Toontastic: a creative learning tool that empowers kids to draw, animate, and share their own cartoons through imaginative play. From $1.99 to FREE
- Motion Math Zoom: An animal adventure through the world of numbers!
Give your child a chance to play with numbers – they’ll have a blast zooming through the number line as they master place value.
- School A to Z: the app brings together a wealth of resources to help parents to understand and support their child’s homework. FREE
- Kid Apps 13 in 1: Get 13 great educational apps for FREE with Kid Apps: 13 in 1. This application was designed with the help of parents just like you. FREE
- Sea Puzzle for Kids HD: A collection of cute simple jigsaw puzzles for kids. From $1.99 to FREE
- iReading Animal Puzzle HD: This is a children’s educational puzzle game. By searching and collecting animal puzzles, children are able to do puzzle games as well as learn knowledge about animals. From $2.99 to FREE.
- Six Score Counter: While this may not be the most visually appealing app out there, it serves its purpose by keeping scores for 1-6 persons. Especially useful in dyad or group sessions, particularly when your little clients get a tad bit competitive. From $0.99 to FREE.
- QuickOffice Pro HD (iPad) and QuickOffice Pro (iPhone/iPod Touch): Create, Edit, & Share Microsoft® Office files with the #1 and most connected office suite for iPad. You can also open, edit & save SharePoint® files with SharePlus Pro app. Also comes with an integrated file management solution with convenient access to multiple cloud service providers including MobileMe, Dropbox, Google® Docs, Box.net, Huddle and SugarSync. From $11.99 to $7.99 (iPad) and from $7.99 to $4.99 (iPhone)… the biggest slash on this app YET!
- TeacherPal: TeacherPal is a personal organizer for the teacher. It enables the teacher to organize classes, and students. Its simple and intuitive interface enables teachers to track the attendance, grades and behavior of students. FREE.
- Scan to PDF: This app allows you to obtain images of documents from your camera or image library and convert them into great looking multi-page PDF files.
From $3.99 to FREE.Now back to its original price of $3.99.
- Notability: This app supports all of your note-taking needs — handwriting, PDF annotation, word processing, and more work together seamlessly allowing you to create comprehensive, beautiful notes, quickly and simply. From $2.99 to $0.99.
- Pocket Informant HD: an integrated calendaring and GTD®-based tasks solution for the iPad. This app has managed to bring together best-of-class calendaring with best-of-class tasks into one great solution. From $14.99 to $5.99.
- NotifyMe (iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch): Manage and create reminders with comfort on a big iPad screen, or make these reminders portable in your iPhone or iPod Touch. It’s easy, yet provides advanced reminder features. It syncs live via cloud with NotifyMe on iPhone and Mac, so your reminders are always with you wherever you are. When a reminder is due, the notification pops up on your iPad, iPhone or Mac (iPhone and Mac apps sold separately). From $4.99 to $1.99 (iPad), and from $3.99 to $0.99 (iPhone/iPod Touch).
- iWriter: This app rather reminds us of OmmWriter. iWriter is simple and elegant text editor, perfect for focused report-writing.
From $4.99 to $1.99.Now priced at $3.99.
- Wikly – A Weekly Calendar for the iPad: The name says it all. And why should you, a speech-language pathologist need one? Three words: weekly client scheduling. Enough said.
From $3.99 to $0.99.Now back at $3.99.
- Noteshelf: The most beautiful note taking app ever designed for the iPad. Noteshelf is the handwriting note taker that features super natural digital ink, a stunning UI and a comprehensive toolset that will increase the benefits of owning an iPad by leaps and bounds. From $4.99 to $0.99.
- Slide To Do: Hate it when you have to unlock your iPhone just so you can access your to-do list or your grocery list? This app puts your task list directly on the Lock Screen. From $1.99 to $0.99.