Happiness is apps going free. Double happiness is WIRELESS apps going free. For an unspecified length of time, Mobile Mouse Pro has gone FREE on the App Store! Got an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? If so:
- do you need to give a presentation and your laptop is feet away from the podium?
- want to control your computer’s music wirelessly while you’re seated in your couch?
- hooked up your computer to a giant LCD screen and you need to go through your media apps wirelessly?
iDevice + a Windows- or Mac-based laptop + wireless network and consider yourself free of wires and stuck in your seat. How do you go about getting this app and getting it to work?
- make sure your private wifi router is on or you are hooked onto an ad hoc network
- download the free Mobile Mouse Pro into your iDevice
- download the free Mobile Mouse Server into your Windows- or Mac-based computer from mobilemouse.com’s Downloads section
- follow the instructions at mobilemouse.com’s Support page
- check your settings, fire it up, and you’re good to go
What does MMP have in store for you? Oh heck, a lot. Lifted from the app’s home page are the following:
- Accelerometer based mouse
- Trackpad with vertical and horizontal orientation
- Media keys with volume and eject controls
- Web keys
- Application switcher/launcher
- Application notifications
- Unlimited custom media and web remotes with scripting capabilities
- Remote keyboard with modifier keys
- Function keyboard with arrow keys
- Oversized numeric keypad
- Programable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
- Scroll pad
- Multitouch gestures (supports scrolling & right click)
- Remotely wake up and put your computer to sleep
- Password protection
- Custom sensitivity settings
- Foreign language keyboards
- Supports Bonjour or static IP
- No screen size limitation. Works with multiple monitors
- Works over WIFI, no line of sight limitations
- Built from the ground up for Mac and Windows
If you are using a Mac, you can still use the two-finger approach to scroll up and down pages, pinch to resize, and even assign hotkeys. For some reason however, the four-finger swipe down did not bring out my Expose. Still, this is one mean, indispensable app. Highly, HIGHLY recommended.